最后更新 ： 2021.11.25
1.A number of factors are accountable for this situation.
1. Public officials can finally be held accountable for their actions.
2. Every person is accountable for his own work.
3. One of the principles of our legal system is that people are accountable for the foreseeable consequences of their actions.
4. The president struck back at critics who say he should be held accountable for conditions that contributed to the riots.
5. I am accountable to my superiors for my actions.
A number of factors might contribute to (lead to )(account for ) the phenomenon(problem).
Drink contributed to his ruin.
She seldom contributes to the discussion.
Their inventions have contributed to the development of electrical engineering.
This is Chekhov\’s contribution to Russian literature.
The bell-boy led us to our rooms.
All roads lead to Rome.
In given conditions, a bad thing can lead to good results.
An ordinary cold can soon lead to a fever.
Computers account for 5% of the country\’s commercial electricity consumption. 计算机占去该国商业用电的5%。
Now, the gene they discovered today doesn\’t account for all those cases.
How do you account for the company\’s alarmingly high staff turnover?…
He said only 200 of the train\’s 600 passengers had been accounted for.
The President and the President alone must account for his government\’s reforms. 总统必须为他的政府改革负责，而且是负全责
In the first ten days of May our squadron accounted for at least seven enemy aircraft… 5月的头10天里我们中队至少报销了7架敌机。
In the final they accounted for Brentford by three goals to two.
【1】The answer to this problem involves many factors.
【2】The phenomenon mainly stems from the fact that…
【3】The factors that contribute to this situation include…
【4】The change in …largely results from the fact that…
【5】We may blame …,but the real causes are…
【6】Part of the explanations for it is that …
【7】One of the most common factors (causes ) is that …
【8】Another contributing factor (cause ) is …
【9】Perhaps the primary factor is that …
【10】But the fundamental cause is that …
1.The advantage far outweigh the disadvantages.
2.The advantages of A are much greater than those of B.
3.A may be preferable to B, but A suffers from the disadvantages that…
4.It is reasonable to maintain that …but it would be foolish to claim that…
5.For all the disadvantages, it has its compensating advantages.
6.Like anything else, it has its faults.
7.A and B has several points in common.
8.A bears some resemblances to B.
9.However, the same is not applicable to B.
10. A and B differ in several ways.
11. Evidently, it has both negative and positive effects.
12. People used to think …, but things are different now.
13. The same is true of B.
14. Wondering as A is ,it has its drawbacks.
15. It is true that A … , but the chief faults (obvious defects )are …
1)It is true that …, but one vital point is being left out.
2) There is a grain of truth in these statements, but they ignore a more important fact.
3) Some people say …, but it does not hold water.
4) Many of us have been under the illusion that…
5) A close examination would reveal how ridiculous the statement is.
6) It makes no sense to argue for …
7) Too much stress placed on … may lead to …
8) Such a statement mainly rests on the assumption that …
9) Contrary to what is widely accepted, I maintain that …
1. It may give rise to a host of problems.
2. The immediate result it produces is …
3. It will exercise a profound influence upon…
4. Its consequence can be so great that…
1) A good case in point is …
2) As an illustration, we may take …
3) Such examples might be given easily.
4) …is often cited as an example.
1) No one can deny the fact that …
2) The idea is hardly supported by facts.
3) Unfortunately, none of the available data shows …
4) Recent studies indicate that …
5) There is sufficient evidence to show that …
6) According to statistics proved by …, it can be seen that …
1) Many nations have been faced with the problem of …
2) Recently the problem has been brought into focus.
3) Recently the phenomenon has become a heated topic.
4) Recently the issue has aroused great concern among …
5) Nowadays there is a growing concern over …
6) Never in our history has the idea that … been so popular.
7) Faced with …, quite a few people argue that …
8) According to a recent survey, …
9) With the rapid development of …, …
1) From what has been discussed above, we can draw the conclusion that …
2) It is high time that strict measures were taken to stop …
3) It is necessary that steps should be taken to …
4) In conclusion, it is imperative that …
5) There is no easy method, but …might be of some help.
6) To solve the above-mentioned problem, we must …
7) In summary, if we continue to ignore the above-mentioned issue, more problems will crop
8) With the efforts of all parts concerned, the problem will be solved thoroughly.
9) We might do more than identify the cause ; it is important to take actions to …
10) Taking all these into account, we …
11) Whether it is good or not /positive or negative, one thing is certain/clear…
There are different opinions among people as to ____ .Some people suggest that ____.
There is an old saying______. It\”s the experience of our forefathers，however，it is correct in
many cases even today.
Today, ____, which have brought a lot of harms in our daily life. First, ____ Second,____. What
makes things worse is that______.
Nowadays，it is common to ______. Many people like ______ because ______. Besides，______.
Everything has two sides and ______ is not an exception，it has both advantages and
People’s opinions about ______ vary from person to person. Some people say that ______.To
Man is now facing a big problem ______ which is becoming more and more serious.
______ has become a hot topic among people，especially among the young and heated debates are
right on their way.
______ has been playing an increasingly important role in our day-to-day life.it has brought us a
lot of benefits but has created some serious problems as well.
- END -